or a kick in the nuts
Nothin like a good gouge of the eyes...with keys if possible..lol
...And if you ain't down with that, I got 2 words for ya....
or a kick in the nuts
Eye attacks are actually better than groin attacks (by far)...but...there can be draw backs.
If the situation is not truly a full blown attack an eye gouge could well result in criminal and civil problems. Also a failed eye gouge is likely to escalate an attack which may have yet to become highly physical.
If the situation is a full blown attack then the fact that the eyes are a small target and a person with minimal training is likely to be suffering from a degree of panic will make the chances of the eye gouge failing (missing) a very real possibility.
I'm not saying that a person shouldn't fight back. Not saying that at all. What I am saying is this:
I have 32 years of training and experience, far more than most doctors in this area have in medical training. Yet I see people with minimal knowledge attempting to teach others things that could cost them their lives just as easily as poor medical care. Yet there are no standards, nothing to be done...
We wouldn't let an ex army medic teach people surgical techniques, but that is exactly what we see in the self defense field.
Being a police officer does not qualify a person to teach self defense for instance. In fact very far from it.
I've seen terrible, dangerous, and stupid things being taught to groups who understandably had no idea that they were being put into further danger rather than being made safer to some degree. In fact this is the rule, not the exception.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
True, but basic instincts will take over and you have a whole new can of worms
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being a police officer does not qualify a person to teach self defense for instance. In fact very far from it.</div></div>
Even if they are RAD certified?...would seem a little better than someone teaching her things that they have no idea of like you said.
<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: CarolinaBlue</div><div class="ubbcode-body"><div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: Gotch</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Being a police officer does not qualify a person to teach self defense for instance. In fact very far from it.</div></div>
Even if they are RAD certified?...would seem a little better than someone teaching her things that they have no idea of like you said. </div></div>
Self defense and martial arts are subjects that much of the general public believe they have a decent working knowledge of...they are wrong, dead wrong.
RAD is unrealistic, that's all I'll say at this time:
Here is a link that includes 3 clips from RAD training.
http://www.rad-systems.com/offer.html
Watch the clips and then ask yourself the following questions.
Are real attackers going to fall from those strikes?
Are real attackers going to wait for the previous attacker to be dealt with before attacking?
How is the person who has fallen numerous training partners in class with these strikes going to react in a real life situation when their attackers snorts and continues on after the same strike or strikes that felled multiple training partners?
I can go into detail about technique and body position ie angles but it would become technical.
If Randy Couture is assaulted by 5 reasonably tough guys, he is probably not going to fair too well, but as we see here a 4 and half foot girl and easily handle multiple attackers after training RAD......garbage....
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
I can see your point, but like someone said earlier, what happens if (god forbid) an actual attack occured? Most people panic anyways. I believe you would have to have year(s) of training to properly protect yourself. I know that I wouldn't know what to do except go for the most sensitive body parts.
I have personally never heard much around this area of women getting assualted. Has anyone else? Other than over drugs or something of that nature, I personally don't hear much.
Hey Gotch, in your opinion how long would it take for a girl to learn to protect herself sufficiently if she was an average learner?
With correct instruction, decently in 6 months, well in 1 to 2 years.
There are 4 people in Wise county, 1 in Lee county, and 1 in Russell county who know what they are doing. Probably only 2 of those would be willing to teach this type of self defense, there's no future and a ton of trouble in teaching "real" self defense.
[img]http://www.lutte-wrestling.com/old-train2.jpg[/img]
I say if your getting attacked fight like hell. Yell like hell. And bite like hell.
GO VOLS
Bookmarks